- UX professional with expertise in creating comprehensive, cross-platform designs for multiple user groups.
- User-centered design methodology backed by 16 years of experience as information architect, front-end web developer, and graphic, interaction, and instructional designer.
- Skilled in user experience design work, including: needs discovery, requirements gathering, task analysis, expert review, user research, usability studies, results summaries, task flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface (UI) specifications and product design/strategy.
2016: POP, Seattle, WA
Senior UX Designer
- Provided UX recommendations, wireframes, and guidelines to integrate an online Yammer community and training experience into an existing web site.
- Interviewed users to reveal tasks and motivations when considering and purchasing software. Captured user behaviors by conducting and recording website walk-throughs.
- Mapped ecosystem of client’s web properties and pages to user tasks and site journeys.
- Designed site maps and detailed wireframes to support user-centered changes to site design.
- Produced feasible solutions by collaborating with content strategists, designers, and developers.
2000–2015: University of Georgia, Athens, GA
UX Architect, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (2012–2015)
- Redesigned academics website to align with user tasks and business objectives, ultimately increasing student engagement with academic opportunities. The new site was built to be responsive and deployed with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), a content management system.
- Conducted competitive analysis, content audit and inventory, keyword trend tracking, and task-based tests to inform user-centered design decisions. Refined ideas through iterative navigation trials, lo-fi sketches, high-fidelity Axure prototypes, and proof-of-concept sites in HTML/CSS/jQuery.
- Architected website templates and content structure in AEM. Collaborated with backend developers and content editors to establish content management protocols and component designs.
- Defined user personas, scenarios, tasks, and site designs to evaluate content management systems.
- Aggregated and interpreted Google Analytics web traffic data to identify user trends and improve site functionality, UI design, and content strategy. Devised search engine optimization (SEO) plans for targeted content, tripling page impressions and doubling user clicks from search engine results pages.
- Integrated quality assurance and diagnostics software into existing web ecosystem.
Lead Web Developer / Instructional Designer, CAES (2008–2012)
- Led information architecture, concept development, design, and front-end programming for web applications, instructional modules, and informational websites.
- Taught over 300 professionals on best practices for email newsletters and marketing, blogging, web analytics, video captioning, web design, web accessibility, and SEO. Authored original instructional materials and presentations for face-to-face, synchronous, and asynchronous online sessions.
- Recruited, screened, and interviewed new hires. Supervised and delegated student employee work.
Web Developer, CAES (2004–2008)
- Conceptualized and designed original Walk Georgia program, an interactive web application promoting physical activity via an online community. This program was awarded $1M by the Coca-Cola Foundation to continue outreach and expand membership.
- Engineered online print-on-demand application to replace paper-based business processes, effectively decreasing customer wait times from 3 months to 3 weeks.
- Built scalable web template system to standardize more than 200 microsites under single design. System is used by 250+ content managers for over 10,000 pages and supported by dedicated web team.
Designer, University Health Center (2002–2004)
- Documented and refined design standards for the website, created an online scavenger hunt, programmed health-based quizzes, and highlighted promotional events.
- Designed posters, bus cards, flyers, brochures, and trade displays to remain in-brand with website.
Flash Developer/Interaction Designer (2001–2004)
- Designed, illustrated, and animated concepts for curriculum provided by faculty members. Projects included self-care for diabetes management, training modules about food safety for 4H judges, and lab supplements for Biology students.
Web Designer, CAES (2000–2002)
- Organized, designed, and programmed the college's website for student recruitment.
- Authored style guide to accommodate expected growth and maintenance of the site.
2011-2015: Canopy Studio, Athens, GA
Freelance Web Developer
- Designed Canopy Studio logo and website. Trained business manager to maintain website through WordPress and produce email newsletters with MailChimp.
- Programmed spreadsheet to compile will-call lists from online, Paypal-based ticket sales.
2013: The Museum, Greenwood, SC
Freelance Web Developer
- Designed website to explore Greenwood, SC circa 1913. This was installed on a stand-alone kiosk and also distributed online. Featured interactive map designed in Illustrator and built with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery.
2002–2004: Athens Technical College; Athens, GA
Flash Developer/Interaction Designer, Institute for Online Training and Instructional Systems
- Developed interactive instructional modules to train Georgia Department of Family and Child Services case workers on policy issues regarding foster care and temporary assistance for needy families.
- Provided interaction patterns for development team to reuse throughout the curriculum, establishing design consistency and increasing efficiency for creating new modules.
Tools: Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign), Axure, OmniGraffle, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), CQ5, CRXDE Lite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Analytics, MailChimp, Qualtrics, SiteImprove, Optimal Workshop, WordPress, Moz, Zurb Foundation, Keynote
General: Responsive, cross-platform, device-agnostic web solutions; user personas and task analysis; process diagrams, concept/site maps, wireframes, and prototypes; project timelines, workflow, and organization; information architecture, taxonomies, card sorting, and tree testing; technical writing and support documentation; search engine optimization; usability, accessibility, and 508 compliance; digital signage; video editing and captioning
Master of Education
Instructional Design and Development
University of Georgia
Bachelor of Fine Arts
University of Georgia
UX Certificate (in-progress)
Nielsen Norman Group
CQ 5.5. Developer Training (AEM)
Adobe Training Services
Instruction, Presentations and Awards
See Instruction, Presentations and Awards for a list of additional professional accomplishments.